Location and getting here
The 4* Hotel Neuhintertux is located at the end of the valley in the village of Hintertux in the Zillertal. The 40 km-long Zillertal branches off from the Inntal towards the south. In Mayrhofen in the Zillertal, it divides several times: one of the valleys is the Tuxertal – and right at the end of this romantic valley you will find your holiday location "Hintertux". The village itself extends over several small villages and is surrounded by the Tyrolean Alps.
Above all, the location of the hotel in the Zillertal and the surrounding picturesque landscape make the 4* Hotel Neuhintertux an ideal destination for nature lovers, sports enthusiasts and wellness fans. Here you can enjoy the beauty of the Tyrolean Alps all year round, whether hiking, cycling, skiing or golfing. Especially the ski paradise Hintertux Glacier is one of the attractions of the region and allows you to ski even in summer under the term “glacier skiing”. Tux also offers a variety of cultural and culinary attractions that make every visitor’s heart beat faster. Those who have been here once like to come back!
Arriving by car
Hintertux is located at the end of the Tux valley, which is a tributary valley of the Zillertal. The Neuhintertux Gletscher Hotel & Spa is just 50 m away from the valley station of the Hintertux Glacier World.
Arriving from the West:
- Via the Arlberg mountain (mountain pass or tunnel), A12 Inntal motorway, past Innsbruck, up to the exit Zillertal.
Arriving from the North:
- Motorway A8 Munich/Salzburg/Innsbruck, A12 Inntal motorway up to the exit Wiesing/Zillertal.
- Or motorway 95 Munich/Garmisch, Seefeld, Zirl, A12 Inntal motorway, past Innsbruck, up to the exit Zillertal.
- Or motorway A7 Ulm-Kempten – Füssen – Fernpass – Mötz – then A12 Inntal motorway, past Innsbruck, up to the exit Zillertal.
Arriving from the South:
- A13 Brenner motorway up to Innsbruck, in direction of Salzburg, up to the exit Zillertal.
Arriving from the East:
- A8 motorway Salzburg/Rosenheim/Kufstein, then A12 Inntal motorway up to the exit Wiesing/Zillertal. From the Inntal motorway exit Zillertal/Wiesing: Keep going in the direction of Mayrhofen, after Mayrhofen, turn right up to Tuxertal.
Go by train
To travel by train to the 4* Hotel Neuhintertux, your journey will either take you directly to Jenbach train station or first to Innsbruck main train station and then to Jenbach train station. From there, you can take the train connection to Mayrhofen train station in the Zillertal.
Unfortunately, there is no further train connection from Mayrhofen train station to Hintertux, but you have the following options to continue your journey to Hintertux:
- Taxi: Upon request, we gladly organise a transfer from and to the railway station to the 4* Hotel Neuhintertux for you
- Bus: Bus 4104 from Mayrhofen in the Zillertal to Hintertux runs hourly and takes about 40 minutes.
For further or more detailed information please check the route-planner of the Verkehrsverbund Tirol.
Go by plane
For arrival by plane you have the choice between the following airports:
- Innsbruck: 93 km away, transfer time approx. 1 h 30 min
- 190 km away, transfer time approx. 2 h 30 min (via A8 & Inntal Autobahn - Rosenheim, Kufstein)
- 165 km away, transfer time approx. 2 h 45 min (via B178 & Inntal Autobahn - Bad Reichenhall, Lofer, Kirchdorf, Wörgl)
- Munich: 215 km away, transfer time approx. 2 h 45 min (via A8, A93 & Inntal Autobahn)
From the respective airport you have the possibility to use public transport, a rental vehicle or a taxi transfer. We would be happy to arrange a suitable transfer to the 4* Hotel Neuhintertux for you, please inform us in writing or by telephone in advance.
Please note that the transfer time can vary greatly depending on traffic conditions, so please allow plenty of time for your journey.
Airport & railway station transfer
*Upon request, we will organise a transfer from and to the airport or railway station to Hintertux and back.